Create a real unique advertising media for your website, a flash banner including your own pictures. host1800.com enables you to create flash slideshows of your own pictures.The vast, vast majority of served ads these days are in Flash. We push out a bucketload of banners of all shapes and sizes, as my workplace handles a fair bit of online media for movie companies. The advantages to Flash banners are numerous: much more flexible with size limits (particularly considering quite a few sites still stick to a 30k max), more interactive options (such as an interactive product gallery within your banner), flexibility with translation, and many other benefits that come with a "live" piece of Flash media versus a pre-rendered item such as GIF or JPEG.
The size thing is a particular advantage. As I mentioned above, you might find yourself battling against a 30K limit, but this often only applies to the initial load - sites with this restriction will accept. Where a small banner is display with the page, and then the Flash banner can load in further content above the size limit once the page has finished loading. This is obviously useful for displaying stuff such as tv spots or movie trailers, as there's no way you'll fit that in 30K. Also, these sizes can mean you can find yourself crunching down the quality with a GIF banner, particularly if animated. Even if you still need to stick inside this limit on a Flash banner without polite loading, at least your text and other items will look crisp and will take little size.
Flash slide show benefits
- Slideshows allow you to show your visitors more visual information even if you have less room.
- Your pictures get crossfaded with amazing effects, what causes a more provisional appearance.
- The slide shows can also be hyperlinked (Premium Area only) and therefore be used as an internet advertising media.
- The file size of each slide show can be affected due to a compression value. Thus you are able to strike a balance between picture quality and file size.
- Each slide show can contain 4 to 8 pictures.